Welcome to my Blog!!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Retirement Card (Time to Relax)

  Hello, glad you could stop by. Haven't posted in several days. Have been busy with other things. But I finally got to make a card.

My grandchildren's bus driver is retiring so I offered to make them a card to give her. Tomorrow is the last day of school. So I got it done just in time. 

Had decided on making a pretty floral card but then changed my mind and decided on a more fun card.

 

 


 

The stamp set is from Art Impressions called Beach Babe's . This was my first time using this set. It was nice getting a chance to play with it.

Colored the image with alcohol markers. Used S.U. Creamy Carmel Ink with a sponge to create the sand. 

The Time to Relax sentiment was created in Design Space and then printed out.

Added a few rows of Blue and white baker's twine and you can't tell but I added some Wink of Stella to the glass and her ring.

Hoping this card brings a smile to her. She has been their only bus driver. I can still remember the first time that they got on the bus for their firsts days of Kindergarten. I always felt that they were safe and in good care with her. 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to stop back by. 


 Challenges Entered-

Daring Cardmakers  Rain or Shine

Through the Craft Room Door - May Anything Goes

We Love Stamping May Challenge For a Lady or Girl

Colour Crazy Challenge- Week 19 Anything Goes

Crafty Calendar- May Challenge Anything Goes

Pennys Challenges #521 Anything Goes using paper

Word Art Wednesday #543-544 Anything Goes

 





6 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love it! I'm sure she will appreciate your wishes! Hard to believe that another year is coming to a close! Time is going bye way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card, sure to be appreciated by the driver, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our May theme at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a ˝fresh new˝ retired girl. It is fabulous. Your card beautifully represent the duties of a retiree. Thanks for playing with us at Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect retirement card, I hope the replacement driver proves to be just as good and reliable. Thanks for sharing with us at we love stamping this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Thank you for entering our challenge at Pennys' Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love the image. Thanks for joining in our May 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete