Welcome to my Blog!!!

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Mason Jar Thanks Card

  Hello, Glad you stopped by. I have a card share today. 

I was needing a thank you card and decided to use the Jar of Love  mason jar die again. I had used it on my last card as well.

I had die cut several mason jar shapes in different colors, so I thought I would go ahead a use another one on a card.

 


 

For this one I used Kraft cardstock for the base. Next layer is Not Quite Navy cardstock. The paper is from a 6x6 paper pack from Reflections. 

The jar was cut out in Kraft cardstock, The cardstock for the lid was in my stash of small pieces of cardstock.  Used Close to Cocoa Ink to sponge around the jar and lid. 

Stamped the Thanks in Not Quite Navy and it's from the Jars of Love Stamp Set. Also added some Jute twine. 

This card came together fairly quick. Was glad to finally find a use for the piece of paper. 

On my last post I had posted that I was planning on making Rice Krispie Treats. I did and they were a big hit with the Trick or Treater's and my family of course. 

I may or may not have had a few myself. So I wanted to share the recipe with you all.


This recipe is so simple to make and it only takes 5 ingredients.

Rice Krispie Treat's

 

-Ingredients- 

10 cups rice crispy cereal

2 10- oz.bags of miniature marshmallows

1 stick of salted butter

1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon salt


In large bowl add 10 cups of the cereal and set aside. Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil. Could also use parchment paper then spay with cooking spray or lightly rub some butter to the pan.

Heat up butter over a low heat. After melted add vanilla and salt. Then add marshmallows (But keep out 2 cups of the marshmallows).

Stir until all is melted. Pour mixture over the cereal.Then add the two cups of marshmallows. Mix gently until all combined. 

Pour into the prepared 9x13 pan. Press down but not to hard using a spatula or wet hands with water and press. The water will keep the mixture from sticking to you.

Cool down to room temperature uncovered or cover loosely with foil. 

Tip- fresh marshmallows melt better than one's you have had for awhile. 

That's it for this yummy treat. Love that there is no baking needed. and it's a fun one to do with kids or grandkids.  



So that's going to be all from me today. Hope you all have a wonderful week. 

 

Stay Safe & Stay Crafty!!!

 

  Challenges entered- 

Creative Knockouts - Anything Goes

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge -#570 Anything Goes

Love to Scrap #151 Anything Goes

Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Pennys Challenges -#508 Anything Goes

Pink Gem Challenge - #22 Anything Goes

 




2 comments:

  1. Cute card!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy your thank you card is so perfect. Simple in it's design but gets the message across beautifully. Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete