Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, June 3, 2019

Guitar Shaped Father's Day Card & Smore's Brownies

 Hello and welcome to my blog. Glad you could stop by. Yesterday we went to my family reunion.  (My Dad's side) It's an all weekend camping event that we have every year. But my husband and I didn't go camping. We just went to the dinner. So nice to see everyone. Well actually there was a lot that didn't show up. Shame on you all. (You know who you are). Ha!

I made Smore's Brownies. They were really good. I will have a recipe for how I made them at the end of this post.

Since we are now In the month of June already. Can you all believe that? I can't. Anyway since It is June we have to start thinking of Father's Day coming up. 

A family member had ask me to make a Father's Day Card and that they wanted It to be a guitar. So here Is the final card.







  Made the guitar using the Cricut Cartridge Paper Dolls for Everyday. 

I stamped with the weathered background stamp from Stampin Up on Kraft card stock to make it look like a woodgrain and sponged around the edges. Used Close to Cocoa Ink.

Used real thin wire for the cords and stamped Happy Father's Day on a tag. Also added brads and some Jute Twine.

I think It's a fun card and like how It turned out. 

Now on to the recipe.... 

 Smore's Brownies

2 boxe's of Dark Chocolate Betty Crocker Brownie Mixes
(Or any kind you like)

Make brownies like the box says In a 9x13 pan. When you take It out of oven start your broiler. 

Drizzled some caramel on top. (That Is optional) I did because I had some in the fridge and thought why not. 

Put some Graham Crackers in a sandwich bag and crush them with a rolling pen or be like me and use a tall mason Jar. 

Sprinkle a thin layer on top of brownies. Then add at least 2 cups of little marshmallows. I used a little more. You want enough to cover the top completely.

Break up some Graham Crackers place on top of marshmallows and then add broken up pieces of little Hershey's candy bars.

Place back in oven that is on the broil setting and watch it until It has browned the marshmallow. Don't walk away from It. They will burn.

That's It, Hope you try them. They are really good and really easy. Everyone that got some said they really liked them. I even got a couple of thumbs up.






Thanks for stopping by and let me know If you make the Smore's Brownies. Have a super day and God bless.




 Challenges Entered-
Cardz TV. - #90 Anything Goes
My Time to Craft - #398 Let's get Krafty
Love to Scrap - #122 No Rulz
love to craft - #35 June Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - Woodgrain
D.L.Art - June Linky Party - Always anything goes
Addicted-to-Stamps - #175 Boy/Man
Cute Card Thursday - #584 Masculine 

6 comments:

  1. Never in my life have I tried smores ... YET!

    Fab project, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog

    Kathyk
    DT @ LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool fathers day card,
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JUNE 2019
    Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so awesome!!! What a great shape and the woodgrain pattern is perfect!! It really adds to the look of the guitar. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique card - I love how it turned out especially with the thin wire. I hope your dinner turned out well. I will have to try the smores recipe. Congrats on winnng CardzTV Anthing Goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so cool! I would love to make something like that for my brother . I skipped over your brownie recipe , I am a Weight Watchers and I have lost over 20 pounds . My husband has lost 35 in the same period of time .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant male themed card thank you for joining us at ADDICTED TO STAMPS
    HUGS
    LORRAINE X

    ReplyDelete