Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, January 31, 2022

Happy Birthday to Y*u Card

  It's the last day of January. Glad to see January come to an end. Looking foward to Spring. I'm tired of the cold weather. 

 It's my grand daughter's birthday. Wasn't for sure what type of birthday card to make her this year. Wanted something cute and simple. I was on Pinterest one night and came across a cute free digital image of a kitty. 

My grand daughter loves her cats, especially her little kitten Samson. So I decided that I would use it for her card this year.

 


  I uploaded the image into Design Space and added the Happy Birthday to You. Colored the kitty yellow like Samson using alcohol markers.

 I'm sure she will laugh when she notices the word Y*U. It sure got me tickled. 

I sponged the grass and sky with S.U. Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue. The cloud is from a border die from the Dollar Tree. 

Cardstock used - Blue base- Core-dinations called Scuba Diver. Also used white and black. You can find the cute kitty image at iheartcraftythings

 

A couple of weeks ago my grand daughter and I decided to make some chocolate peanut butter balls. We had a good time making them. When mixing it up we couldn't figure out why the mixture was so dry. We had forgot to add the butter. So funny!  They turned out pretty good and I thought that I would share the recipe with you all.

 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

 

-Ingredients needed-

1 cup Peanut butter

4 tbs softened butter

1-1/3 cup powdered sugar

tsp vanilla

1 tbs coconut oil

1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

 

In large bowl first add powdered sugar, then add peanut butter, softened butter and vanilla

Mix and place in refrigerator for at least an hour. 

Scoop mixture and form little balls and place on wax paper.

Put chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and add coconut oil.

Microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted. Dip peanut butter ball into chocolate using a fork or toothpick. Place back on wax paper until chocolate is set and enjoy. 

 

 

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed seeing my card and hope you can make it back again. Have yourself a wonderful day!


STAY SAFE & STAY CRAFTY!

  Challenges Entered-

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends -#174 Always Anything Goes

Try It On Tuesday - Add A Quote

Colour Crazy Challenge - Week 3 Anything Goes Colouring Challenge

Patties Creations - #190 Anything Goes

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - #580 Anything Goes- optional twist flowers

As You Like It Challenge - Favorite coloring Medium and Why- My favorite medium is Alcohol Markers. Took me for what seems like forever to finally purchase them and then felt intimidated to use them. I'm still not that great at using them.  But it's my favorite thing to use. 

 

9 comments:

  1. Just adorable, your grand daughter will love it. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. o my these look delicious Cindy. I love peanut butter. Combined with chocolate, a match made in heaven!! Thanks for the heads up on the new recipe and I think I have spied a few newbies too that I have missed... take care Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wanted to say what an adorable card, such a cute kitty and thanks for adding the link too, I'm sure your grandaughter with love it. Happy Birthday Cindy I hope you have a wonderful birthday week and hope you have a fabulous time even though it's snowy there. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card you made for your Granddaughter. I'm sure she will love it! It's a great image. It makes me think of the Little Kitty song! And who can go wring with PB and chocolate - yummy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking and beautiful design. Lovely colour combinations too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card and kitty love the cheeky sentiment lol.The chocolate peanut butter balls sound and look delicious-thank you for visiting and leaving a comment
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, that's really cute! Thanks for sharing the link to grab the kitty, and the recipe for those yummy-looking chocolate peanut butter balls. Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and good luck! 😊

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. that is just too fun.. yOu. love it.. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz. Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card - making me smile on a rainy day! I have had to return to comment as I wasn't able to publish last time! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete