Welcome to my Blog!!!

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Military going away Card and recipe

  Hello and Happy 4th of July. Today I'm sharing with you a card that I made for my great niece Shania.

 She Is in the Navy and has been stationed in Japan. So wanted to make her a going away card.





This card was super easy to make. Don't you all love a quick and easy card?

Used the stamp set by Whimsy Stamps called Christmas Scene Builder. 
Sentiment -First Frost
Star Embossing Folder
Stitched Banner Die 
Red, White and Blue Ribbon 



 Challenge Entered-

Always Fun Challenges- #117 Patriotic

Love to Craft - #36 July- Anything Goes

Fab n Funky Challenges - #447 Stars and or Stripes

Stinkin Inkers  - Stars and or Stripes





 Wanted to share the recipe of the pie I made last night. Will be taking it to a 4th of July cookout today.


 Sorry the picture Is so dark.


Busy Day Lemon Cheesecake (1959)

1 8 oz. Cream Cheese
2 C. Whole Milk
1 small box Lemon Pudding
8" Graham Cracker Crust

Soften Cream Cheese
With an electric mixer slowly add half a cup of milk.
Add remaining milk and pudding mix.

Beat slowly w/ mixer just until well blended (Do not over beat)

Pour at once into crust.

While making topping I place in fridge to firm up. I let it sit for 30 minutes before adding topping.

Topping

1/2 of a 16 oz. container of Sour Cream
1 TBS Sugar ( I added just a little more)
1/4 tsp Vanilla (or just a little more like i do) 

( The original recipe calls for a whole container of sour cream. I think that is way to much so I only use half.)

Add topping to pie and let sit at least for two hours.I keep in fridge overnight.
You can add crumbled Graham crackers on top (optional) or some cool whip.

Also I have a Spinach Cheese Egg Bake recipe I shared a few post back if you want to check it out. It has step by step pictures.


Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a fun day celebrating. 


Cindy




God bless the U.S.A




 







 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love the embossed stars and firework banner.Thank you for joining us at LOve to Craft
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your neice will love and appreciate the card. I love making patriotic cards in red, white and blue!! I have that star embossing folder and love it! I'm making your egg bake this weekend! Sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, lovely card and like the embossed stars and stitched detail on your card, looks great. More lovely bakes I see! Take care, Michelle x

    ReplyDelete