Welcome to my Blog!!!

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Easel Shadow Box Card and Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe


 Hello Crafter's, Welcome to my blog. Hope your having a nice weekend. 
 I have a few things to share with you today. The first thing is the card I made for my grand daughter Scarlett's birthday. She is turning 13. Oh my, a teenager. Where has the time gone. So here is the card I made for her.











It's a Easel Shadow Box card. I knew I wanted to try one and watched several video's. Most seemed to large. I finally found this one on youtube. Just the right size.

She ask for a card with yellow. Her favorite color.  Her birthday theme is yellow, with sunflowers and bees. I didn't really have a good selection of flowers on the cricut that looked like sunflowers. This is the best one that I seen.

 This was my first time using this cute Gorjuss Girl. The set is called "You brought me Love". This is the only Gorjuss Girl stamp that I have. I need to get some more. Love them! They have always reminded me of my grand daughter.

I only have a few alcohol  markers so I am limited on colors to use. I wanted even a darker brown, almost black but this is as dark as I could get it. (Time to get more Markers).

The markers used were Stampin Blendabilities in Natural,Nude and Mocha. Also used Stampin Write Markers in Chocolate Chip, Yo Yo Yellow,and Bashful Blue.

The flowers, sun,fence and bumblebee were all cut from my Cricut. The grass is a Martha Stewart punch. I paper pieced the dress, embossed the butterfly wings and centers of the flowers and the sentiments are from Cardz T.V. 

I am happy how this turned out. I think Scarlett will like It. If you would like to try out the shadow box card. You can find how on youtube. Look up Box Frame Easel Card. Her name is Joanne Hedges. 


 For the second thing that I wanted to share with you all is the super cute birthday card that Meghan at   madebymeghank made for me. She even sent a little surprise. So sweet of her. 










 Isn't that just adorable. She is so awesome at coloring.  I have told her she needs to start a youtube channel. Hopefully she will. (I'm going to keep hounding her about it). Hee! Hee!

I am sharing a link to her blog. She is a wonderful paper crafter. 

Made by Meghan




For the last thing I wanted to share with you is a recipe for Cheesy Potato Soup. Believe me when I tell you that It is delicious. 




Cheesy Potato Soup

Ingredients

5 pounds of potatoes 

half a block of Velvetta Cheese (cut into cubes)
Milk
8 oz. Sour Cream
Can of Cream of celery soup
1 stick of butter
2 TBS butter
Pepper
Salt
Parsley flakes


Peel, and cut up potatoes and cook in water in large pot until tender. Don't want them falling apart though.

Drain, scoop out around 4 or 5 big scoops of potatoes and put in large bowl.
Melt one stick of butter in microwave. Add a little of that butter to potatoes in bowl and add a little milk, pepper. Mix with mixer until you get mashed potatoes.

Melt Velvetta cheese with two tbs. of butter in microwave.

To the bowl of mashed potatoes add 1 can of cream of celery soup,
8 oz. sour cream, velvetta cheese, melted butter, parsley flakes, pepper and salt to taste. Mix ingredients. 

Add to cooked potatoes in pot. Add milk, stir until mixed well. Heat on medium heat. Be careful it will stick to bottom. Turn off after it gets warm enough and serve.  

   My sweet childhood friend Carolyn gave me this recipe a few years ago and now it's my go to potato soup. My family loves It.

 










Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you try the soup, come back and let me know how you liked it. I also have some other recipes on my sidebar if you would like to check them out. 

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Day and Happy Crafting to you all. 



Challenges entered- 

Through the Craftroom Door = January Anything Goes

Seize the Birthday - #182 Creatures Great and Small

Creative Crafters - #24 Anything Goes

Cardz TV. - #107 Anything Goes 

Love to Craft #43 Anything Goes

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything Goes

Krafty Chicks - #492 Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful box frame easel card! I’m sure your granddaughter loved it
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your box frame easel card is soooo cool! I LOVE the colors!! WOW! And thanks for showing off my card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your shadow card and I'm sure your Granddaughter will as well! Your colors go so well together. I'm going to have to try your soup - sounds yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shadow box card, I love that sweet image and the fabulous scene you created! That soup sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS card!
    LOVE your fancy folds, 3D design and sweet scene!
    Thank You for joining our Anything Goes challenge at the Southern Girls Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - thank you for the recipe too, it sounds tasty :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful, love this easel card with the shadow box to it, awesome, thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun shadow box! Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete