Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, July 1, 2019

Floral Birthday Card and Spinach Cheese Egg Bake

 Hello and welcome to my blog. I just got back yesterday from vacation. I spent a week on Sanibel Island in Florida. We stayed at the Island Beach Club. Oh It was so nice. I didn't want to leave. Went there with my sister Christy and a friend of ours Kim.

Right before I went on vacation I made a card and wanted to share it with you today. 









Made this card for one of my sister's birthday.  I just love using those colors this time of year. Well this one does have the added green.

Took a while to decide on how to create the card. I had seen a card on pinterest similar with the same colors, so I went with It. I like how It turned out.

This was my first time using Pacific Point Cardstock. Nice blue color.  I sponged Bashful Blue Ink over the embossed cardstock. I like the light inking over the embossing.Really like how this card turned out. 

While on vacation I made a Spinach Cheese Egg Bake and wanted to share the recipe with you.

Here Is the Recipe-


Spinach Cheese Egg Bake
(for 9x13 pan)
Preheat oven to 375
8-9 large Eggs
5 cups Spinach
1- 1/2 C. Shredded Cheese 
2 tsp Olive Oil
Spices- Garlic Salt, parsley,Salt and Pepper (I don't measure these)

Heat olive oil in skillet. Add spinach and cook until Spinach wilts.
Rub olive oil in baking dish and add spinach. Add cheese to top of spinach.

In bowl beat eggs with seasonings, pour over spinach.Lightly mix with fork.

Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Mixture should be set and lightly brown. 

Sour cream is nice with it. (Optional) and you can add other things as well. Onion, tomatoes,mushrooms. I don't really like onions but I have added a little dried onion flakes before.

Have added some step by step pictures to help you, I forgot to get a picture of the spinach cooking in the skillet.





















 I added 5 more minutes so went 40 minutes total


 






This Is perfect for breakfast or anytime. We had this later in the day. They seemed to really like It. My husband really likes it as well.

While baking this, I had a wonderful view out the kitchen window.




Here Is a few more pictures of where we stayed





This Is where I would sit with a cup of coffee. I even seen dolphins a few times.



We all needed a vacation and didn't want to leave. Sanibel Island Is a fun place to find shells. We usually was out first thing in the morning looking for some. Here Is a few pictures of some I found.












 At night you can only go on the beach If you have a flashlight with a red light because the sea turtles lay their eggs.
The day we left we found out some of them hatched. We were upset that we missed It.  

Sorry this was an extra long post. But hope you enjoyed stopping by. Hope you all have a wonderful week and please stop back by.


Thanks for stopping by, Happy Day to you all! 


Challenge Entered- 

Cardz TV. - #92 Anything Goes

Cut it up Challenges - #177 Red White and Blue

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Any Occasion 

Cute Card Thursday - #588 Birthdays

Sparkles Forum Challenges - #117 No Patterned Paper

Creative Crafters - #17 Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing the awesome recipe and lovely photos too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really gorgeous, I am sure your sister loved it too. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely creation with us over at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful time on your vacation! Thanks for sharing that delicious recipe.

    I love that your R, W, and B card is a birthday card! The flowers are just gorgeous and the embossing looks like a trellis.

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Red, White, and Blue challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is delightful and so is the rest of your post!!! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe and awesome pictures. I have never stayed at Sanibel Island but hope to one day! Thanks so much for sharing with the Sisterhood of Crafters "all occasion" challenge this week. Hope to see you often in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this card that you made for your sister! Pacific Point is one of my favorite colors. I love using it in my cards. Thanks s much for sharing yur recipe. I think I;m going to try it this weekend. Looks yummy! Glad you enjoyed your vacation. I know we did when we went to Virginia Beach. One thing we didn't find were shells. Maybe because they were aways cleaning the beach early in the AM. The other year when we went to the Outter Banks we saw the turtles lay their eggs - it was really neat. Looks ike a nicce place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation Cindy, lovely design! Yummy looking food and beautiful pictures! I love seashells and turtles! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card. Thank you for joining us at The Creative Crafters DT Alka.
    We love to see you again.

    ReplyDelete