Welcome to my Blog!!!

Friday, May 12, 2023

Mother's Day Card

  Hello, Haven't posted a card in awhile. Shame on me, right? So I thought I would share the card that I made for my Mom for Mother's Day. 




For this card I used a napkin that I had picked up at the Dollar Tree around Easter time. I thought it would make a nice card for Mother's Day. 

Instead of just having a white card base I colored the edges with a Spectrum Noir alcohol marker. The number is PP3.

Several month's back I removed all of my rubber stamps from their wood blocks. So I'm not sure what company made the sentiment stamp. I think I had got it from Hobby Lobby. 

Sprayed an adhesive on the front and then added Dazzling Diamonds from Stampin Up. Not sure if they even sale dazzling diamonds any more. But it's a great glitter. 

Also added a sparkly sheer ribbon. Instead of a bow I just tied a knot so that it wouldn't cover up to much of the flowers.

So that's my card share this time. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a blessed day and to all you Mom's, Happy Mother's Day!


 Challenges entered-

Shopping our Stash #496 She's a Lady

Cardz 4 Galz #198 Mother's Day US or Flowers for a friend

Aud Sentiments - #301 Water Coloring and/ or Spring + a Sentiment

Word Art Wednesday Weeks #595- 596 Anything Goes

Lets Create Challenges - #195 AG Ribbon, Lace, Twine

Unicorn Challenge - #87 Flowers


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. This is a lovely soft and pretty card and using a napkin is a great idea. I do it on occasion myself. Colouring the edge of the card front makes it all look cohesive. Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. No-one would know it was a napkin. It's very pretty with the perfect matching border (showing we don't need all the colours of card!). Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cleaver way to create a card using napkin, if you didn't tell me i wouldn't know. love the sparkly you added onto the card. thank you for joining us at C4Galz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Morther's Day card!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "She's A Lady" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS496

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love that you used a napkin!
    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
    Debbie - C4G DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty card! :) Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! I love how these napkin cards turn out. Glad to see you posting again! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A ppretty card . Thank you for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete