Welcome to my Blog!!!

Friday, January 17, 2020

Black and White Sympathy Card & Crochet Hat

 A few post ago I shared with you a sympathy card. Unfortunately, I had to make another one. Wanted to share it with you all today.   I made this one for a friend at my Church. Her husband passed away a few days ago. I feel so bad for her. She also lost her Mother not that long ago. So here is the card I made for her.










I wanted a simple card and went with another black and white card like I did on my last sympathy card. I also used the same embossing folder.  I had got this bird stamp for my Christmas cards next year. But I thought it might work well for a sympathy card. So it was nice getting to use it. Just wish it wasn't for a sympathy card. I also added a few red gems. Thought they looked nice.


I also thought I would go ahead and share with you a hat that I crocheted for my daughter for Christmas. This was only my second hat that I have made. The first one I made was for my grand daughter. It's on my most recent post if you would like to see it. 






 



 I didn't add a pom pom to this one and I'm glad I didn't. My daughter said she loved the hat but would not have wanted a pom pom. I did mess up on this one and had to take out a few rows. That was a little frustrating.  I was so glad when it was finished. I do like how it turned out.

 If you would like to make one, you can find the video on youtube.
It's called the 1.5 Hour Crochet Hat. Ha! It took me a lot longer than an hour and a half.  The video is by crochetdreamz. If you try making this, make sure you have stitch markers.

I am super happy that it fit my daughter and that she loved it. Now I would like to make me a hat. Well actually I think I'm going to make me a headband. I found a really nice one to try.  

Thank for stopping by. Blessing to you all! 


 Challenges entered-

Cardz TV. - #106 Anything Goes

Make My Monday #113 Anything but Square

Through the Purple Haze #163 Anything Goes

Clean and Simple on Sunday #171 - Winter

Not Just Cards - January Challenge

Crafty Card Makers #248 Anything Goes

Krafty Chicks Challenge- #490 Clean and Simple
 

14 comments:

  1. Your sympathy card is just gorgeous! It is so sad when we have to make them .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sympathy card, I love that bird image! Awesome crochet hat too, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sympathy card and I love the hat!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had to make another sympathy card. The bird is so striking. I had to make some myself. So sad. Love your hat. You are going to be an expert by the time Spring comes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very lovely sympathy card. Simple but very effective. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully elegant sympathy card. Never a nice thing to make, but your's will have been appreciated I am sure.

    Thank you so much for sharing in our first challenge of the new decade, and good luck!

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sympathy cards are so hard to make - but this is a lovely one, which I am sure was much appreciated by the recipient. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, it is very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant card! Love the pretty bird! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Friday! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautifully done card, not easy to create those sometimes but I'm sure it will be most appreciated.
    Love the hat you made too, I'm with you, no pom pom.
    Happy Stamping,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sympathy cards are always the hardest cards to make but I think this one is perfect for the occasion. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty sympathy card Cindy. They are one of the hardest ones to make, I find. I am also a crocheter and I LOVE this hat! Thanks for posting where to get the instructions - I will definitely go make one ;) Thanks for joining our CAS challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ ttph

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you realize there is a 12 word phrase you can say to your crush... that will trigger deep emotions of love and instinctual attraction for you deep within his chest?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, please and guard you with his entire heart...

    12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Response

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to work better than ever before to build your relationship stronger.

    Matter-of-fact, fueling this powerful instinct is so mandatory to achieving the best ever relationship with your man that the moment you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will instantly find him expose his mind and soul to you in a way he's never expressed before and he will distinguish you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly tempted him.

    ReplyDelete