Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, January 6, 2020

Wintertime Sympathy Card

 Hello, Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. I think I have gained some weight with all the parties, But now that they are all over it's time to get back on track.

I think that we all would agree the hardest type of card to make is a Sympathy card. I have made one for a family member that lost her grandmother. So I thought I would share it with you all.





I'm pretty sure this is the first time I have made a sympathy card during winter. I knew I wanted something more on the simple side. 
So I thought a red cardinal in the tree would be nice. 
Not sure if you have ever heard that when you see a red cardinal it's your loved one that has passed on coming for a visit. Nice thought isn't it. I guess you never know.

Well that's it for me, I am super tired tonight.  I have totes and boxes all pulled out. Have been taking down Christmas decorations. I still need to take the tree down. 
Maybe I will get a burst of energy later and get it done. I have been dreading it. I love looking at my tree. 

I will be posting some things that I have crocheted in my my next few post. Hope you can make it back. Hope you all have a happy and safe week. Again thanks for visiting.



 Challenge Entered-

Cut it up Challenges - #190 White on White with a pop of color
Daisy Chain Challenge #37 Wintertime
Cardz TV. - #105 Anything Goes
Make my Monday challenge blog -#113 Anything but Square
Cute Card Thursday #615 Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful sympathy card!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card has such a quiet, comforting look about it. It's absolutely gorgeous, and the recipient will cherish it.

    I'm with you on the Christmas tree. Mine has to come down in the next day or two. We haven't turned the lights on in a couple of days because it's so dried out, it may be a fire hazard, but it's still pretty to look at.

    Anyway, thanks for sharing your White on White with a Pop of Color project with us at Cut it Up. Have a happy, crafty new year!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple but beautiful card. I love that embossing folder and nothing is more pretty than a beautiful cardinal. I know what you mean, I always enjoy putting up the decorations more than putting them away. The house always seem so empty and bare once everything is put away for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful elegant sympathy card love the simple tree and embossed background.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very effective. Sympathy cards are so hard to do. You've done a lovely job. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful sympathy card and a nice change from the usual flowers! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

    At least 160000 women and men are trying a simple and SECRET "liquids hack" to drop 1-2 lbs each night as they sleep.

    It's scientific and works every time.

    Here's how you can do it yourself:

    1) Grab a drinking glass and fill it with water half glass

    2) Then follow this strange hack

    so you'll become 1-2 lbs thinner as soon as tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete