Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, July 20, 2020

Christmas in July Card

 Hello, glad you could stop by. Hope you are doing good. It's super hot here in Indiana today. It's been really hot for several days. 

I have never made a Christmas card in the summer. But I just had to join in on the fun over at Bugaboo Stamps. Also wanted to play along with a few other challenges to.

It's Bugaboo's 10th annual Christmas In July week long celebration. 

The card I made is using the Friday Freebie they are offering and this is a sketch challenge for day 2.








Colored the cute image with alcohol markers and used some Stampin Up designer series Christmas paper. 

I added the red stripes to her leggings by masking off the area and stamped with a striped balloon.

Used one of my most favorite tools The Cuttlebug to cut out the rectangles and tag for the sentiment. Also added a few red sequins.

The sentiment is from a set called Christmas Christmas from Mr. Cricut Crazy.


Making this card was a challenge for me because my back is out and I am dealing with some pretty severe pain. 

Every time I would sit in my craft chair it would make it worse. So I took several breaks in between making it.  

Even through all the pain, I still had fun creating it. If you hurry, there is still time to play along. Also still time to enter the other challenges that I have entered.

They are also having a Christmas in July sale. All Digi Stamps are 50% off until July 31st.There is a code you will have to get to get the savings.

Here is a link if you would like to play along

Bugaboo-christmas-in-july-week-long-event 

Here is a link for the sale-

Bugaboo Stamps 

Hope you enjoyed your visit and hope you come back. I would love for you to leave a comment. (I think we all love getting comments)!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and God bless! 





Other Challenges I wanted to play along In- 

Digi Choosday - #28 Anything Goes

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends -#137 Christmas In July

Cardz TV -#119 Anything Goes

Double Trouble Challengge - #62 "Christmas In July- partnering w/ Heart2Heart- favorite tool

My Time to Craft - #436 Christmas In July

Die-Cut-Divas - Christmas In July


17 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute! Love all the design elements you added. Thanks for joining us today at Catch The Bug for our Christmas In July challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out so cute, you did a great job coloring the little elf! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble, and for meeting all three parts of the challenge.
    Melanie


























    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, the design is lovely as are the papers and lovely images ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card turned out lovely - like the layout and the elf too - such a cute freebie in which I also used--- sorry to hear about your back trouble at this time - I have been there and done that - I did mild stretches and Arnica cream to get mine back in shaped - it took a few days- I hate it when that happens!! Hope you get feeling better sooN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card and mix of papers. I'm so sorry your back is giving you trouble. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually think I make most of my Christmas cards during summer, but I love making them all year long. Glad you tried it too so you could join our event at Catch the Bug. Such pretty patterned papers and bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card turned out so cute! This year I'm going to try and make some Xmas cards early. In fact, I have one on my desk now that I'm working on. We'll see what happens! Thanks for your lovely comments. Still trying to get used to my new PC and new blogger. Everything at once. As far as the birds, I purchased them from Heartfelt Creations. Just go to their website - https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/ and look for the Tweet Cherry Blossom Collection. You can buy the stamps, dies, etc. separately. I love their products. I tired of SU. I still like their paper and inks. Heartfelt has a lot of support and videos for their products. You can check out their facebook and sign up to see a lot of cards, etc. - https://www.facebook.com/groups/280454182562528/?epa=SEARCH_BOX.
    Sorry to hear about your back issues. I have to be careful of my back as well. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card and image Cindy! I love the bright colors and the gorgeous papers you used! Take care.
    Hugs Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy: This is an adorable card! It's so festive and vibrant! Doesn't everybody want to be on Santa's nice list!!!?!! Thanks for linking your wonderful Christmas card to MTTC's fortnight challenge! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Love the papers and your coloring!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable image and so perfectly coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card Cindy. I can't even think about Christmas yet. LOL! Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Gloria

    https://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is adorable, love the selection of your background design papers and very nice coloring. Cuttlebug is a popular tool and glad you shared your card with us at Double Trouble and Heart2Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card. .I love the patterned papers too. Thanks for joining us for this Christmas in July Challenge - good luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this adorable card. All the colors you used make it so cute. Pray that your back gets better fast! Missed you today at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute christmas card and I love the sentiment too. thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge blog. Hayley guest DT member. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colouring of your image!
    Thank you for joining in the fun in our Christmas in July at Catch the Bug!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete