Welcome to my Blog!!!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Card and Sister's B-Day Card!

Hello, So glad you could stop by for a visit. Hope all you Mommy's out there are having a nice Mother's Day. Unfortunately I have to work today. But that's o.k.

Wanted to share with you the Card that I made my Sweet Mamma.

I made her card using the Garden Silhouettes Stamp Set from Stampin Up. This stamp set is retired and I Love It! It had retired before I could buy it and my husband knew that I wanted it. So he bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago and paid way to much for it. But I'm so glad that he did. It's one of my favorites.

Anyway back to the card. The white Scalloped border was made using the Scallop border punch and also the Scallop corner punch from Stampin Up.  This was my first time using both punches together. I went through several pieces of cardstock trying to get it right. Someone on facebook helped me out and I finally got it. Yeah!!!!

The background Sky was made by sponging Bashful Blue and Barely Banana Ink. Inks that I used for the flower is Pretty in Pink and Positively Pink and Old Olive. The sentiment is also from S.U.

My Mom loves Sparkly things. So I added Dazzling Diamonds also from S.U.  I also added some light blue sheer ribbon to the top and bottom corners.


                                               
(To see a larger picture of the Card, click on picture)!

Tried to make it look like the sun was shinning through the clouds. I think she will like it.


For my other Card, I made for my Oldest Sister. I knew I didn't want to make her a card with flowers or anything like that. So I made the first thing that popped into my head.

I made her a Fish Card. I used the Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge to make it.
The reason I made her a fish card is that her nick name is Tuna Fish. Yes, I guess my Dad thought it was funny to give us all crazy nick names when we were little. Mine is Luke. You don't know how many times I have been called Lukey Pukey. :(

So here is her quick and easy Fish Card that I made her.


                                            
                                                 


Hope It makes her smile. I do hate the date stamped on the picture. My husband has been using my camera again. (Drives me Crazy).

So glad you stopped by and hope you enjoyed seeing my Cards. Happy Day to you all!


                                                    



                                                     


                                           


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I love the background and the flowers are so pretty! I am sure she will love it!
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete