Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, February 2, 2015

Bakery Card and Boot Cuffs

   Hi, Hope you all are doing well. Thought I would do a quick post. Wanted to share a few pictures of some things that I made for my Grand Daughter for her Birthday. 

First I would like to show you the Card that I made her.









It's a Card of a Bakery. She has been saying for a few years now that when she grows up she would like to have a Bakery and that she would call it Sweet Day Bakery.
So I just had to make her one. I had a lot of Fun making it and she Loved It.
 
 Here is a list of the things I used to make the Card.

Cricut Cartridges-

Sweet Treats  Cake, #8, Cake Stand and Tag
From my Kitchen- Cupcakes
Gypsy Wanderings- Window Frame

Stamp Sets-

Stampin Up Weathered Background- For Window Frame
S.U. Itty Bitty Background Stamps- For Cupcake Frosting and Tag
Foam Stamp Set-  Celebrate
Sweet Day Bakery- Printed from Computer

Tim Holtz Brick Embossing Folder
S.U. Scallop Punch
Baker's Twine (Honey Dew) from The Twinery
Stickles- Star Dust

Inks- 

Basic Black,So Saffron,Bashful Blue,Positively Pink,Green Galore, Lavender Lace,Yo Yo Yellow



 I would also like to share with you the Boot Cuffs that I Crocheted her. I was so Excited that they actually fit perfectly and she Loved them. I am going to be making her a few other sets in other colors. 





If you would like to try making some of these. I will have a link to Vanessa's Blog at the end of this post where I found the pattern for the Book Cuffs.  I did change the pattern just a little. 

On her blog it calls on Step Seven, you are to repeat steps 3,4 and 3 again in that order. I only did step 3 and 4. Which is a row of Double Crochet and finish It off with a row of Single Crochet.

When making these I had no Idea how big to make them and didn't want my Grand Daughter to know what I was making her. So to get an Idea of the measurement, I waited for her to fall asleep and I took a piece of Crochet Thread and wrapped it around her leg where I thought the boot Cuffs would be and tied It.

It worked,  Us Crocheters have got to do what we gotta do. Right?

Here is a link to the pattern.

http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/08/crafting-on-a-dime-diy-crochet-boot-cuff/



Would like to enter my Card in the following Challenge
Cut It Up- Embossing

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a comment so I can come by and visit your blog. Happy Day to you all. 









 



 

5 comments:

  1. How fun! It's fantastic that you were able to include your granddaughter's future dreams in her card!!

    Thank you for joining us for our National Braille Literacy challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling birthday card and cute boot cuffs too! I am so glad you joined in our die cut/embossing challenge at Cut It Up. Good luck...I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card and boot cuffs are adorable! I bet she really loved them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card and boot cuffs are adorable! I bet she really loved them both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card and the boot cuffs are awesome! I am sorry to read about your recent loss. I'll be in prayer for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete