Welcome to my Blog!!!

Friday, January 15, 2021

The Open Sea Card

  Hello, So glad you could make it to my blog. The weather is a little chilly today. But the sun is finally shinning.  January seems to be moving fast. Have several projects that I need to be working on. 

For my project share today I made a card for my Son's birthday. 

 


I used a stamp set from Stampin Up called The Open Sea. This Is only the second time that I have used this set. 

The first time I used it, I had made a birthday card for my brother just about a month before he passed away. So I now have the card I made him sitting up in my craftroom. So I was a little emotional while making this one.

The background stamp is from Stampin Up called World Map

Cardstock colors that I used are Not Quit Navy, Ruby Red and White

Inks- Not Quit Navy and Ruby Red and White     

I used a distress tool to rough up the edges of some of the paper. Also used stitched circle dies and a tiny stitched banner die. Wrapped some twine around the banner.

That's all today. Hope you all can come back. Stay safe and stay crafty!      

 

 Challenges entered-

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends  6th Birthday Celebration AG     

Daisy Chain Challenge  #48 Happy Birthday      

Caft Rocket Challenges - #77 For the Boys/Men        

Crafty Creations Challenges - #417 Anything Goes    

Pennys Challenges -#487     

Lets Create Challenges . - #167 AG + Cheers to you

Paper Funday Challenges - #25 Anything Goes- optional twist something blue

10 comments:

  1. I have a card with a similar background story to the one for your brother and it warms my heart that a stamp set with so my heart and emotion attached would be used for another precious male in your life. Wonderful card for a male and a super colour combo. The white backgrounds give a fresh, clean look to the card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous masculine card, I love all of the different stamps you used especially the world map!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cindy. Somethimes its the smallest things that trigger memories x. I like the little list too that you've tucked behind the stamp.Thanks for joining our challenge at Let's Craft and Create this month, Happy Crafting, Michelle DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and story! Its funny what things touch us. Great stamp set for a man. Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments. I love using Heartfelt Creations products. Sorry to hear about your area being so affected with Covid. This world is a crazy place right now. Stay safe and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the details you've added to this card! Thanks so much for playing along in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge!
    Donna (DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning post with gorgeous card. Love the colours and images used. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just lovely, I'm sure your son appreciates it!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely! Thanks for sharing your talents in our Penny's challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Cindy, I have a lump in my throat reading this. I am very sorry for your loss and the memories using this stamp set has evoked. This is a lovely card which I am sure your son will adore.

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥
    DT for The Paper Funday Challenges
    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
    Sorry for the late comment.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete