Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, April 26, 2021

A Happy Hello

  Hello Crafty friends, Hope you are doing well and staying safe. I have been having fun creating cards for some challenges. I have another one to share with you all today.

 


 
I haven't really did very many tropical cards but I love this Image from Sheepski Designs called Tropical.

It took me two days to finish coloring the image because I get so nervous when I color. I started with the leaves and didn't know if I liked them or not. Was going to print out another image and try again but I thought let me try one more section. So I did the flower. That was o.k. so I kept going section by section.

 Then I came to the breast area. I wanted it to look more like ruffled feathers, so I took three different gray colors and randomly did dots of color. Wasn't for sure if it would turn out because I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to coloring. 

I was so glad when I finally finished it and I'm happy with the way it turned out. 

I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the image. The sentiments come from two different stamp sets from Trinity Stamps. Green paper is from my stash and the ribbon is Melon Mambo from Stampin Up. 


I am entering this card into the Things with Wings linky party over a STAMPlorations. 

There is still time to enter a things with wings project if you want. You have until  Friday, May 7, 11:55 p.m. to enter a project and you can enter up to 7 projects. 

 

I am also entering this card into the following challenges

Sheepski-Designs - Animal Magic

Colour Crazy Challenge - #15 Anything Goes coloring challenge- sponsor Sheepski Designs 

Creative Knockouts - #398 Wings & Things sponsor- The Artsystamper

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #156 Always Anything Goes

Through the Craftroom Door - April Anything Goes

Moving Along with theTimes #129 April- Animals/ Birds



Hope you enjoyed seeing my card and didn't mind hearing about the struggles I have with coloring. I plan on creating some more things with wings cards. Hope you can make it back. 


 Stay Safe & Stay Crafty my friends!




7 comments:

  1. Pretty! I think you did a great job with the coloring!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and fabulous coloring, love that Spellbinders die you used too!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card you created - love your coloring! I don't think I have any tropical stamps. I'm in love with dies and Spellbinders have some great ones! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, your colouring is looks great Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, I just love this and suited for any occasion. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    We are so happy that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colour the design is stunning Thanks for joining Sheepski Designs Challenge Carole Design Team x

    ReplyDelete