Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, February 7, 2022

Valentine Card for my Gorjuss Girl

  Happy Monday, Hope you are doing well. It has been cold here in Indiana. This past Thursday we had an Ice storm and then it turned to snow. The lights flickered several times. Thought we were going to lose electricity. Saturday morning was really cold. I think the temperature was 0 degrees. 

This past week was also my birthday. We were planning on going out to eat with the grandkids but the weather was to bad to get out. 

Have any of you been creating any Valentine cards or crafts? 

For my card share today I have a Valentine card that I have made for my grand daughter Scarlett. 

From the very first time that I seen Gorjuss Girl stamps I have loved them. They have always reminded me of my grand daughter. So that is what I have used for this card.





The Gorjuss Girl image is 3D and already layered. So that made this card an easy one. Didn't have to color anything. My grand daughter's favorite flower is a rose. So this was perfect.

Used a white cardstock for the base. The heart paper is also from Gorjuss Girl. Layered it on some white cardstock that I distressed using a Edge Distresser that I bought years ago and hadn't used it in a long time.

 Fun to get it out and use it. It's made by Hiedi Swapp. Not sure if they are made anymore. But I'm sure there are other brands out there. 

Stamped the sentiment on a piece of cardstock that feels more like cloth material. The sentiment is from a set called Petal Palette from S.U. 

The HUGS letters comes from a heart die from Poppy Stamps. I had just received it the other day. I had won it over on Karen Letchwoths blog for the Christmas blog hop at Word Art Wednesday.

The little circle heart is also from the Gorjuss Girl collection and I also added some white ribbon.


Here is a picture of the heart die with the other goodies that I won. Was so excited. Will have fun using that pretty snowflake stamp set from Sweet n' Sassy Stamps on some winter and Christmas cards next season.




Thanks for stopping by, I will have another Valentine card share coming up soon. So hope you can make it back. 

Hope you have a great week. Stay safe and stay crafty my friends.


 Challenges Entered-

Moving Along with the Times - #139 Love, Anniversary or Wedding

Crafty Hazelnuts -Patterned Paper February

DL.ART -February Linky Party

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #175 Always Anything Goes

Crafty Catz - #581 Anything Goes optional twist- Anything but Square

Dare 2 B Artzy -February Challenge- Love

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    what a very wonderful card and such a super design too.
    Such a fabulous image and a lovely vintage feel to this.
    Super distressed edges also.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and creative, love the gorgeous design and colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry, and we hope to see you again.

    Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute I love it.
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART February 2022 Linky challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete