Welcome to my Blog!!!

Friday, April 3, 2020

Sweet Easter Boxes & Bunny Ears for Posey

 Hello crafters. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Hope you all are doing o.k. through these difficult and scary times with this virus.

 Just found out yesterday that our schools have closed for rest of the year.  The grandkids having been doing their e- learning. I think there has been three reported cases so far in our county.

 We all have never experienced anything like this before.   Just praying for the one's that have it, that they will recover and for the families that have lost loved one's all over the world. Praying that it ends soon. 
Even though these are scary and uncertain times. I know our Father in Heaven is in control.

So I better get to my post. For today I wanted to share with you a couple of little treat boxes that I made to put in my grand children's Easter baskets.





















For the first one I used the stamp set Honeycomb Happiness from Stampin Up. I just recently purchased it off of ebay for only $2.00. That's an amazing price and it was brand new. I think shipping was only $2.88. I was truly shocked that I got it for that price.  

Colored that cute image with some new alcohol markers that I recently purchased from Hobby Lobby. They are called Master's Touch.


 The bunny image I found on pinterest under free Easter Images. I cut it out in Cricut Design Space. The egg shape I found in design space.
 Used the stamp set Itty Bitty Backgrounds to stamp the little circles in versa mark and then I embossed it with clear embossing powder.


I have only colored a few times with alcohol markers.  Still need lots of practice.


  The marker colors used were
#38 Pale Yellow
#37 Pastel Yellow
#44 Fresh Yellow
#32 Deep Yellow
                                                
Cardstocks used are S.U. Certainley Celery and the blue is from Hobby Lobby.  Don't remember where I got the papers. The flower one is called Lavender Rosebud
Also used a stitched oval and square die

To make bag-

Cardstock 5 1/4 x 11

On the 5 1/4th side score at 1" and 4 1/4"
turn to long side, score at 5" and 6"
Then on all the corners score at the 1" marks just down to the first score line. Hope that makes since and then cut out all 4 corners.

For the handle,Use a oval die and use a piece of washi tape to hold it down. When you run it through your cuttlebug or big shot. Just put the top plate over the part you want to cut.

 I always use my old Cuttlebug to cut things out and use my bigshot for embossing.







Use a smaller oval to cut out inside of handle. Once you do the first one you can place both sides together and trace with pencil where the second one should be. So both sides will match up.
(Hope that makes since.)

It should now look like the picture shown.





 You will need two pieces of paper cut at 3 1/4th x 3" for front and back. I put it on before I put it together.

Now add adhesive





 That's It. Just decorate the front how you like. I added a little piece of blue shiny Easter ribbon to the chick one, I loved how easy these were to make. 

This will be perfect to put some goodies in for my grand kids Easter baskets.  


I also wanted to share with you something that my daughter ask me to make for her. 

She ask me if I could make some crocheted bunny ears for her pet possum. Yes, I said pet possum. Her name is Posey. 







Now I'm not great at crocheting and this was a challenge for me. She ask for something she could tie around her neck but not touch her ears. 

I have to say I was a bit stressed, but now I am glad that I challenged myself. I do think they turned out pretty cute. Even cuter with the added ribbons. 

She didn't send me a picture of her in the ears like I ask her to. So I thought I would share a picture of Posey. 

















She found her when she was very tiny, only a few inches long with her Mom and other babies. 

The Mom and other babies had all died. So my daughter took her in a cared for her and she has been a part of their family ever since. She gets along well with their two cats. She even has her own facebook page. 


Well that's all from me today.  Thank you for stopping by. I will be sharing another Easter project soon. 

Hope you can make it back. 
Praying for you all to stay safe, healthy and happy.





   

Challenges entered-


Cardz TV.

 #111 Anything Goes

Lil patch of craftyfriends -
#128 Always Anything Goes 

 Love to Craft
#45 April Anything Goes  

Sparkles Forum 
#126 Easter 

Not Just Cards 
March- Anything Goes

 


 

6 comments:

  1. Adorable Easter boxes Cindy, great design and I love the images you used! Oh my, that possum is so cute... I bet her ears look cute on her. Also, thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly.
    Take care & stay healthy- Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute treat boxes! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute boxes yuou made the Grandkids! They are going to love them! That is a great buy for the SU Easter set! I have that stamp set and love the chick! I had to reread your post and make sure I read the word possum! How great is that! You must post a picture of Posey with her bunny ears! Be safe and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness the bunny ears for Posey are delightful but we just must have a photo of her wearing them. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute project! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Love those Easter boxes/bags. They are very clever. Thanks for the adorable photo of Posey. Love him! Hugs, Gloria

    https://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete