Welcome to my Blog!!!

Friday, July 16, 2021

Tone on Tone Butterfly Card

 Good morning, Glad you could stop by. I was looking at challenges to play along with and found a few. One challenge that I spotted was to create a tone on tone card. Besides a white on white card, I'm not sure if I had ever created one, So I thought I would take on the challenge. 

 

 



 

Thought I would make this one a sympathy card. It's always good to have a few made up before you need them. 

 Not sure why I chose greens but that's the papers I grabbed. The butterfly was given to me by a friend several years ago. It doesn't have a name on the case. I think it's Stampin Up since she was a demonstrator and the sentiment is from an altenew set.

The background die is from Taylored Expressions called Kaleidoscope.This is my first time using it. I like the die but not sure if it was the right choice for this card.

I used a flower that I have had for a long time. Made by Petaloo. I do love using things that I have had for awhile.

Used Old Olive Ink on the butterfly and for the sentiment. 

Green card stock is Old Olive and the yellow/green card stock is from Michaels. The green paper is from my stash. I colored a clear gem with a green alcohol marker. Also used a stitched oval.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great weekend. I'm going to be spending a few days with my Mom.

 

STAY SAFE & STAY CRAFTY!

 

 Challenges entered-

Die-Cut-Divas Tone on Tone 

Make My Monday #152 Airborne

2 Crafty Critter Crazies -Anything Goes

A Perfect Time to Craft - Open Challenge- Anything Goes

Cute Card Thursday - #690 Anything Goes- optional summer theme

Cardz TV -Anything Goes

Daisy Chain Challenge -#54 Dies and /or Stencils

Lets Create Challenges - AG + Punch It hand punch or die

MBUS -#28

 

  

9 comments:

  1. Oh my this is Gor-geous!! Thanks for playing along our July challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo - love all your greens, Cindy!! So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas!! And since the Kaleidoscope is new, consider adding to the NBUS Challenge (a fave of mine). I think it made a great background for your butterfly!!
    https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2021/07/nbus-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and just love that butterfly and gorgeous tones. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you tried the "tone on tone" challenge we have going on at Die Cut Divas and you knocked it out of the park. Beautiful design and execution. I do like the background die-cut you used as it adds nice dimention. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Tone on Tone challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea for a sympathy card. They are so hard to do. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! Love the tone on tone and the butterfly! Hope you are having a great time with your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Gorgeous card! Love the green
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to meet you and become your newest follower, Cindy! I'd love to have you follow me, too, if you don't already, both at NBUS and djkardkreations. I'm quite taken with your tone-on-tone design using that beautiful butterfly! It makes a lovely sympathy card and I like the background die. Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this card is gorgeous Cindy, I LOVE all of the green, one of my favorite colors, stunning butterfly too! I hope you are doing well.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete