Welcome to my Blog!!!

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Fall Flowers & Mason Jar Card

  Happy Wednesday Crafter's,Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are doing well and finding some time to craft.  I have been trying to catch up on some cards that I need.

 I feel so behind on things since I had Covid. A few cards that I needed just didn't get made. 

Later after supper I will be grabbing me a cup of coffee and my phone and sneak off to my favorite place (my craftroom).

While crafting I love to catch up on crafty youtube video's. Do any of you do that? 

I used to always listen to music. Now I go straight to youtube. I'm subscribed to a lot of awesome crafter's and sometimes it's hard to find the time to watch them all. So that's the perfect time for me. 

So for today's share, I made a card for my niece Tiffany. 



Last month when I was sick with Covid my niece Tiffany brought me some beautiful fall flowers in a mason jar and sat them on my front porch. 

They were so pretty and made my day. I kept them on the porch and loved sitting out there with my coffee and watch the birds. 

That was so sweet of her and she has brought me flowers several times. Most times they are a wildflowers that she has found. They are always beautiful. So sweet and thoughtful of her. 

So when it was time to make her birthday card, I knew it had to have flowers in a mason jar. I have had that pretty stamp for awhile and can't remember who sent me it to me.  but it was just perfect for her card. 

I decided on not putting a sentiment on the front. So that she could used it with her fall decorations.

For the red cardstock, I either used Cherry Cobbler or Riding Hood Red. I had both out so now I can't remember. Both are from Stampin Up and I used the Tasteful Textiles embossing folder also from S.U. Love the texture that it gives. 

On the parts of the red cardstock  that is behind the image, I cut square's out so that I could use them on another card. 

I hate wasting cardstock and pretty patterned paper where you can't see it on the card. So I usually cut out the centers. Not sure if you call that being thrifty or being a paper hoarder. Ha!

Also used alcohol markers to color the flowers, Rectangle stitched die and added a little jute twine to one of the corner's.  

 So that is my card share. Hope you all have a great weekend and please stop by again. 

 

STAY SAFE & STAY CRAFTY! 

 

 Challenges Entered-

We Love Chocolate Baroque - October Anything Autumn

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #167 Always Anything Goes

Through The Craft Room Door - ATG October 2021

Colour Crazy Challenge- Week 40 Anything Goes

Crafty Creations Challenges- #426 Anything Goes

A Perfect Time to Craft - #10 Anything Goes

Cute Card Thursday #693 Anything Goes (Last Challenge)

Cards Galore Challenges - #92 AG

  


 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card for your niece! Beautiful colouring on the mason jar with the flowers and love the design and the cute twine heart. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty design which is very pleasing on the eye, many thanks for joining in with our Autumn theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! I find I have gotten way behind on my cards and other crafts also since I had Covid. Made it even worse when Hurricane Ida hit. Slowly getting back to normal.
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous image Cindy and you've colored it beautifully, love the little jute heart! Take care of yourself.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful image and coloring. Love it. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. That was such a sweet thing your niece did. I'm sure you appreciated it and made your day especially when you weren't feeling well! I'm sure she will recognize the jar of kindness! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful Card, Thanks for sharing it with us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely story and what a beautiful card I love the simple background it shows up the stamp perfectly I love it thank you for sharing this with us at WLCB this month
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, love love love this card!! I am sure that Tiffany loved it also!!💞💞

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Autumn colors!
    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete