Welcome to my Blog!!!

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Walker turns 16

 Happy Sunday, Glad you could stop by. Hard to believe that we are already in October. 

Today we are celebrating my grandson's 16th birthday. Oh my It doesn't seem possible. Were has the time gone. 

I have to say that I really do have a wonderful grandson. We have a lot of fun together. Although he does like to pick at me sometimes and likes to jump out from the dark and scare me. But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

So today I am sharing the birthday card that I made for him. Hope he likes it.

 



Do any of you think making a card for a teenager is a bit more challenging? Well I sure do, especially for a boy.

Awhile back I got something shipped to me and the paper that it was wrapped in was kind of different and thought I would save it and maybe recycle it on a card sometime.  

So when it came time to make his card I thought it might work. So that's what I used. I think it works for a teenagers card.

I cut the letters on my Cricut. I have a heart stamp that has some lines on it so I stamped it on the letters so that they wouldn't be so plain. 

I made this a slimline card so that all the letters would fit. I think this is only my third time making a slimline. I like how much space it gives you.

Cardstock Used - Stampin Up Ruby Red and Crumb Cake

Ink- Ruby Red

Well I need to get off of here. Have lots to do today. Getting ready to make my Apple Double Crumble. That's what Walker ask for this year. He usually wants peanut butter pie. Will also be making him a big supper tonight. He got to pick what he wanted.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you have a great day.


STAY SAFE & STAY CRAFTY!



 Challenges Entered-

Seize the Birthday - #224 Anything Goes- optional topping- Cake

Krafty Chicks -#579  Week 5 (ATG)

Pennys Challenges -#506 Anything Goes with paper

 Creatalicious Challenges - #220 Anything Goes 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #167 Always Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. What a great card for a teenager! Masculine cards are hard for me but older kids are definitely a challenge! I haven't made any slime cards yet. They look like fun! Hope you had a great family dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for a teenager. Thank you for sharing your creation with us. Hugs, Kinjal - DT https://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card for a teenage boy Cindy, love the background paper you recycled! I hope your grandson had a wonderful birthday.
    Take care, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card and love everything about this one...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for a teenager. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your grandson just loved his card and crumble. Thanks for playing along over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete