Welcome to my Blog!!!

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Ukraine You're on my Mind

  Hello, So glad you could stop by. If you seen my last post, I had created a card to show my support for the people of Ukraine. So for today I have created another card. 




This Image is a freebie over at  Ink Blot Shop. Thought it was so kind of them. I have seen so many wonderful cards in support to Ukraine created in our awesome crafting community.

In case you don't already know the Sunflower is Ukraine's national flower.

I  colored the flag and sunflowers with different brands of alcohol markers.

I sponged the sky with S.U. Bashful Blue Ink (retired) and I also used a stencil from Stamplorations called Clouds. Sponged the grass with S.U. Ink Wild Wasabi (retired)

The sentiment stamp is a retired set from S.U. called Upsy Daisy.

I watched a video of a woman named Yana on youtube that I follow where she showed how to do a blend free way of shading with alcohol markers so I did that on the sunflowers.  

Yana is from Western Ukraine and has been keeping us updated on whats going on. I know that she is scared and it just breaks my heart. 

Please keep her and the people of Ukraine in your prayers. If you would like to follow her on youtube. Her name is Yana Smakula.

If you create a card showing your support on any mainstream media please add #cardsforukraine to your photo. 




I think that will be all from me today. Thanks for stopping by, God bless!

Here is a link to the free image- Ink Blot Shop


Challenges Entered-

Daring Cardmakers - For Ukraine- Sunflowers, Blue, Yellow and Hope

Sheepski-Designs #60 Flowers- Ended

Digi Choosday -  Week 11 Anything Goes- Ended- Winner

Word Art Wednesday  - #535- #536 Anything Goes- Ended

Jans Digi Stamps - Always Anything Goes- Ended

Crafters Cafe  - #283 Use some Flowers- Ended

Through The Craftroom Door- March Anything Goes- Ended

Cards Galore - #97 Anything Goes- Ended

 

6 comments:

  1. Great card, great sentiment! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card for a wonderful humanitarian cause Cindy! Thank you for sharing your marvelous creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. I hope you will join us each month for a NEW challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely card - and showing your support for those in Ukraine
    by joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week
    Its such a terrible situation, and so important that we do what we can to offer our love and support

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for dropping off your art at WAW – I wish you the best in the draw! John3:16 – Gail DT

    Prayers for Ukraine -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Cindy. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice card! Thanks for sharing the link. Such a tragic situation. Prayers for all involved!

    ReplyDelete