Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, June 25, 2018

Catching Lightning Bugs In a Jar

 Hey, Glad you could stop by, Can't believe that June will soon be coming to an end. Time seems to be In fast mode. It has already been over four months since I had my surgery. 

When I was growing up I didn't mind the hot days of Summer and could spend hours out side playing.

 A fond memory of mine Is going out after dark and catching Lightning Bugs and putting them In a Mason Jar. I would take them to my my bedroom and look at them In the dark for awhile and then let them go. 
Have any of you all ever done that? 

I know some of you all call them Fireflies. But around here most everyone calls them Lightning Bugs.

Seems like this Summer their are more Lightning Bugs than usual. The Trees look like they are full of twinkling lights. So pretty!

 My Sister Tammy and I was talking recently about how many there are. So I decided that was the perfect Birthday Card for her this year.








So glad that I had ordered the Jars of Love Stamp Set from Stampin Up. Great Stamp Set. Love It! Instead of stamping and cutting out the handle I decided to use a thin wire. Really like how It turned out.

Here Is a list of the products that I used-

Jars of Love Stamp Set- S.U.
Hardwood Background Stamp - S.U.
Jars of Love Dies- S.U.
Scallop Border Punch- S.U.
Card Stock- Brilliant Blue, Close to Cocoa and White
Ink- Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun and Memento Black
Red and White Gingham Paper                                                     
Thin wire  

That's all from me, Thanks for stopping by.  Have a super day and happy crafting!


 Challenges Entered-
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes  
Alphabet Challenge Blog - G is for the Great Outdoors
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes
Cute n Crafty Challenge Blog - Birthday Theme
SUO Challenges - Patriotic

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely memory and fun card for your sister - love the jar with the lightning bugs inside and out (glad you let yours go after watching them!) So cute with the wire handle and gingham tablecloth to set the jar on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I had purchased this set. I think yor card is so cute and I'm sure your sister will love it as well. I remember doing that with my friends when we were young and now do it with the grandkids! We call them lightning bugs as well! That was a great idea to use the wire handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card, glad you let the bugs go later! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I loved all the colors that you used together. Also, I love the idea of the wire handle. So CUTE!!I enjoy visiting your site cause you always have the neatness ideas! Yes, that are Lightning Bugs!!I have heard a few people call them Fireflies but they will always be Lightning Bugs to me also!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super cute card for your sister Tammy! Oh my gosh, we used to have a race to see how many fireflies we could catch when we would go camping. Lots of fun!! That totally brings back memories!
    I love your fun little plaid and lace you added to the design. The stamped lighting bugs are perfect and the jar is just adorable! GREAT job on this!

    Sorry I haven't been around much...so busy and a lot of time going back home to help with my Father who is really having a tough time after his stroke.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!
    Hugs my friend~
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wire handle is so perfect and looks great - you really do have a lovely jar of bugs!! This is just perfect for our patriotic challenge. So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete