Welcome to my Blog!!!

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Painted Posies Card

  Hello and welcome, The weather is really warming up.79 degrees right now. Suppose to get in the 80s tomorrow. 

So awhile back I was house sitting for my sister and her husband while they went on a road trip. 

So while I was there I hung out in her craftroom. I came across an older Stampin Up set that had never been used called Painted Posies from Stampin Up. It's a wooden block set that the rubber had never been mounted on to the block. 

Well I brought it home and cut the rubber and got it mounted. Do any of you remember when you had to cut the rubber stamp and then mount it on the wooden block? I don't miss that at all. 

So here is my card that I made.




After I stamped the two step flowers and leaves, I used a set called Itty Bitty Backgrounds around the flowers. I really didn't know what I wanted to do after that. So I stamped a script stamp in grey. It's a stamp from the U.K. The company is called Crafty Individuals.

I then stamped a Beautiful You Image on a scalloped oval that I found in my stash. I stamped thank you over the image. That is from a set called What I Love. 

I knew that it needed something else so I added some lavender ribbon. I think that helped a lot. Ribbon always makes things better. 

So that's my card for today. Glad I brought the stamp with me and made something with it. I may try to make another card with it before I give it back to my sister. 

 Also wanted to share with you that I was one of three winners from a giveaway from Arrtx. The giveaway was for their new set of 72 colored pencils. I am sooo excited. I have been wanting to get some. I have never tried colored pencils before. I have a lot to learn. 

 

  

 Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day and stay safe!



 Challenges entered-

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #180 All Dressed Up Anything Goes - Ended

Crafty Catz - #592 Anything Goes/ optional ribbon or twine - Ended

Word Art Wednesday- #539-#540 Anything Goes - Ended

The Four Seasons- April- Spring - Ended

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the soft colors. I think some of SUs older stamps are better than their new ones. Congrats on winning those awesome pencils! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete