Welcome to my Blog!!!

Monday, November 8, 2021

Mom's Birthday Card

   Hello and welcome to my blog. Glad you could stop by. My Mom's birthday will be in a few days. She's all exciting, counting down the days. So for today I am sharing the card I made for her.





I decided to make her an easel card. Hadn't made her one in awhile. If you have never made an easel card, they are super simple to make. There is several video's on youtube.

The pretty image on the card is a napkin. I think it's so pretty and I thought the colors looked like fall. I decided to add a frame so that the focus is on the bird. 

The cardstock used is Groovy Guava from Stampin Up. Not sure where I got the shiny cardstock that I used for the frame and behind the sentiment. There was just a little left in my scraps. I think it's from Stampin Up.

The sentiment is from S.U. The set is called Well Scripted. The satin ribbon was white but I colored it with a alcohol marker so that it would match the creamy cardstock. I also colored the gem with another alcohol marker to match. Love being able to change the colors to what I need.

I also had a little piece of the napkin left with this sweet little bird on it. There was no way that I was going to throw it away. So I made a little tag. I will be saving this to add to a card later on. 


 

I will be spending a few days with my Mom for her birthday. I'm sure she will like her card. I think she enjoys my cards more than anyone. I feel very blessed to still have her. 

I'm also going to be making some Spinach Tortellini in the crock pot to take some to her. She loves it and hasn't had any for probably a year. My grandson has been asking for me to make it again. It is really good and I love it when the weather gets cold. If you would like to try it, It's on my side bar to the right. Just scroll down and you will see it. 

Well I guess that's going to be it for now. I will be having several post coming up. I think my next one will be on the 12th after I get back from my Mom's. Hope you can make it back. 

Stay Safe & Stay Crafty !


 Challenges entered-

Cards Galore Challenges - #93 Anything Goes

Paper Funday Challenges- #35 Anything Goes with optional twist-Thanks/Thankful/Grateful 

Word Art Wednesday - #515-#516 Anything Goes

Pennys Challenges-  #508 Anything Goes using paper

Crafty Creations Challenges- #427 November- Anything Goes

Crafters Cafe - #277 Anything Goes

2 Crafty Critter Crazies- #56 Anything Goes with featured Critter 

CardzTV.-#153 Anything Goes

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a beautiful card - I'm sure your Mom will treasure it! I am going to have to try this technique with the napkin. They have so many nice designs now. Have a great visit with your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a lovely technique! Using a napkin is so creative!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Jill
    Tiny Treasure Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that image is a napkin. Your mom's birthday card is beautiful and definitely a mantel sitter. Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a beautiful card, that napkin is gorgeous!!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation.

    Thank you for joining us for the November challenge at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic and such a pretty card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and tag. Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete